- Salary £20,000 plus depending upon experience (Paid monthly)
- BUPA Membership (after 6 months)
- Cycle to work scheme
- 4 weeks holiday per year (3 days to be taken at Christmas) + 8 bank holidays.
- To suit the job but generally 7:30am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and out of hours working.
- ½ hour lunch and two ¼ breaks.
- Overnight stays (up to 4 nights a week) with allowances paid.
Vent-Tech Ltd. is a highly respected company in the industrial ventilation business.
Established in 2001 it has grown into a respected company within the industry, specialising in the installation of dust and fume extraction equipment together with make-up air systems.
Recent appointments and an increasing client portfolio have necessitated the requirement for additional installation staff to join our team.
To install ventilation systems as specified. To liaise with client and client representatives whilst on site.
Carryout installation of industrial ventilation systems at client premises.
Typical installations include the installation of galvanised steel spiral wound ducting, unistrut fixing systems and dust or fume extraction equipment.
These systems are typically installed for wood waste and other hazardous or irritant dust applications, welding or solvent fume extraction.
We also specialise in the installation of industrial evaporative cooling units within large work areas.
To achieve this the successful applicant would be expected to be able to use the following items of equipment:
- Mobile tower scaffolding
- step ladders
- battery and mains drills
- jig saws, angle grinders (and other abrasive wheel tools), riveters & various hand tools.
All tools and equipment are provided by the company.
All works are to be carried out in a safe and professional manner. The company operates a risk assessment and method statement system that you are to complete prior to starting any works. All necessary PPE is provided by the company.
Works are mainly UK mainland. Overnight stays are inevitable, in which case allowances will be paid.
The ideal candidate will have (but not limited to):
- Experience and a good understanding of installing industrial ventilation systems.
- Be able to work in a safe manner in accordance with latest health and safety legislation.
- Able to work from drawings and sketches provided and able to solve problems using their own experience and initiative.
- Be able to install basic plastic pipe plumbing systems (cold water and drain).
- Be able to wire in single phase or three phase electrical supply from isolated supply to item of plant.
- Be able to install flexible compressed air lines from isolated supply to our plant.
- Qualifications and experience in driving M.E.W.P.’s, Abrasive wheels, Tower scaffolds (these are not essential since training can be provided).
- Full & clean UK driving licence.
- Good communication when dealing with clients and client’s representatives.
- Smart and professional approach to work and be able to work as a team member.
How To Apply
In the first instance, please e mail a CV with covering letter to via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are using an independent recruitment consultant, so NO AGENCIES PLEASE. If your CV is short-listed you will be contacting within 14 days to discuss the role and your requirements.