Trainee Installation Engineer
Trainee Installation Engineer
- Salary £16,000 – £20,000 plus depending upon experience (Paid monthly)
- BUPA Membership (after 6 months)
- Cycle to work scheme
- 4 weeks holiday per year (3 days to be taken at Christmas) + 8 bank holidays.
- To suit the job but generally 7:30am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and out of hours working.
- ½ hour lunch and two ¼ breaks.
- Overnight stays (up to 4 nights a week) with allowances paid.
Vent-Tech Ltd. is a highly respected company in the industrial ventilation business.
Established in 2001 it has grown into a respected company within the industry, specialising in the installation of dust and fume extraction equipment together with make-up air systems.
Recent appointments and an increasing client portfolio have necessitated the requirement for additional installation staff to join our team.
Carryout installation of industrial ventilation systems at client premises.
Typical installations include the installation of galvanised steel spiral wound ducting, unistrut fixing systems and dust or fume extraction equipment.
These systems are typically installed for hazardous or irritant dust applications, for example welding or solvent fume extraction.
We also specialise in the installation of industrial evaporative cooling units within large work areas.
To achieve this you would be expected to be able to use the following items of equipment:
- Mobile tower scaffolding
- step ladders
- battery and mains drills
- jig saws, angle grinders (and other abrasive wheel tools), riveters & various hand tools.
All tools and equipment are provided by the company. On the job training will be given where required.
All works are to be carried out in a safe and professional manner. The company operates a risk assessment and method statement system that you are to complete prior to starting any works. All necessary PPE is provided by the company.
Whilst the majority of our works are in and around the south west and south Wales regions from time to time overnight stays are inevitable, in which case allowances will be paid.
The trainee engineer is expected to:
- Be keen and willing to learn and understand the reasons and principals of installing industrial ventilation systems.
- Be able to work in a safe manner in accordance with latest health and safety legislation.
- Be able to (along side site engineer) work from drawings and sketches provided and able to solve problems using their own experience and initiative.
- Be able to install basic plastic pipe plumbing systems (cold water and drain).
- Be able to install flexible compressed air lines from isolated supply to our plant.
- To be able to obtain qualifications and experience in driving M.E.W.P.’s, Abrasive wheels, Tower scaffolds (training provided).
- Have a full & clean UK driving licence.
- Have good communication when dealing with clients and client’s representatives.
- Have a smart and professional approach to work and be able to work as a team member.
- Be prepared to stay away from home for up to 4 nights per week if necessary
How To Apply
In the first instance, please e mail a CV with covering letter to via email to email@example.com
We are using an independent recruitment consultant, so NO AGENCIES PLEASE. If your CV is short-listed you will be contacting within 14 days to discuss the role and your requirements.