Trainee Design engineer
Up to £25,000 (dependent on experience) + bonus + BUPA + pension + phone + 28 days holiday + cycle to work scheme. Training, development and the opportunity to progress towards Chartership in LEV.
The successful Trainee Design Engineer (Mechanical Design Engineer) will enjoy a highly varied role working for a market leading company with the opportunity to be involved in the full design process.
This will involve attending client sites with the Managing Director, completing site surveys and gaining a full understanding of client requirements. With the support of the Managing Director and the rest of the design team you will learn to complete the system design, produce and present the quote to the client and secure the purchase order.
As this is a trainee role you will be taught the design process but you will need to have demonstrated an aptitude for engineering, gained either academically or ‘on the job’ (preferably both) and be confident in a customer facing environment.
This opportunity would suit;
- an Engineering Graduate, preferably with some relevant work experience
- someone with practical mechanical installation experience, looking for a more ‘in-house’ role
- an Engineer, qualified by experience, wanting the opportunity to work towards chartership
Vent-Tech Ltd is a well-respected and expanding engineering business that specialises in the design and installation of industrial ventilation systems. We take an innovative approach to system design and are industry leaders in promoting compliance and standards, with clients consisting of numerous blue-chip household name companies.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Managing Director, attend client sites and complete site surveys
- Designing ventilation systems, sheet metal enclosures, fan and filter selection, producing design calculations, sketch drawings, and system schematics.
- Use AutoCAD / Solidworks to maintain schematics and the mechanical database.
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and suppliers to deliver design ideas in conjunction with production and technical teams.
- Produce cost proposals for clients.
- See projects through from conception to installation, commissioning and hand over to the client.
Skills and Experience required:
- Practical Mechanical Installation /Design experience or a Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical design aptitude, demonstrated by degree or on-site experience.
- The ability to assimilate a design brief from creating conceptual drawings to finished design.
- Methodical and highly organised with the ability to use initiative to find solutions to problems
- Professional and confident in developing relationships with clients
In return for your commitment as Trainee Design Engineer (Mechanical Design Engineer) you will enjoy a rewarding career working for a supportive company that is going from strength to strength based on a reputation for excellence.
How To Apply
In the first instance, please e mail a CV with covering letter to via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are using an independent recruitment consultant, so NO AGENCIES PLEASE. If your CV is short-listed you will be contacting within 14 days to discuss the role and your requirements.