We are delighted to have just been presented with the BESA Staff Driven Improvement Initiative of the Year Award (London & South East).
This award recognises how the level of investment we have made in our employees has led to high levels of growth over the last few years – culminating in our biggest year ever in our last financial year. This increase in business has also seen our staff levels grow from 8 in 2014 to 17 in 2017.
We were able to demonstrate the effectiveness of our investment in the following, and how that has led to our recent double digit growth:
- External consultants in marketing, coaching and ISO
- More engineering graduates
- Internal sales and marketing resource
- Training of our staff – with all our engineering staff holding BOHS LEV qualifications. Our MD Adrian Sims was the first person in the country to gain the Certificate of Competency (CoC) in control which is the BOHS’ highest qualification, with another 4 of our team just awaiting their interviews on the route to obtaining this. Not only do our staff hold these qualifications, we are one of only a few recognised industry training providers. Our training centre provides regular programmes on how to test and design LEV systems to the recognised industry standard.
- In addition we actively encourage & support members of staff to volunteer their expertise to various industry bodies including: – Institute of LEV Engineers (vice Chair) – British Occupational Hygiene Society (advise on matters relating to LEV & event organising) – Society of Operation Engineers (advise on matters relating to LEV).
A good evening was had by all and we look forward to continued investment and growth at Vent-Tech to help us achieve our long term aim of eliminating the needless deaths and illnesses caused by preventable exposure to hazardous dusts and fumes.
For more information about Vent-Tech and how we can help you to ensure your company is protecting your staff and fully meeting your LEV obligations from the HSE, please call us on 0117 964 7945.